Thursday, December 6, 2012

Butter London Haul+Swatches!

Hey guys, long time no talk!  I'm so sorry that I haven't been blogging or interacting with you all as much, but I promise I have a lot coming in the near future! 

Tonight I'm going to show you guys some awesome Butter London polishes that I got at a great deal a few months back!  This past summer a new flash sale site, Coterie, launched.  Coterie is a website that has various beauty flash sales, almost like Hautelook.  Before their launch they had an exclusive deal for people that made an account.  The deal was get four Butter London products, three nail polishes and a topcoat, for $11 shipped!!!!!  I saw the deal and I thought for sure it was a scam, but after seeing other bloggers that I follow talk about Coterie I decided to give it a try, I mean $11 for one Butter London polish is a great deal let alone getting four BL items for that price! 

Here is the set that I got:

 From the top going clockwise: Knackered, P.D. Quick Topcoat, Bluey, and Wallis
 
Click "Read More" to see swatches! 
Wallis:  A deep olive green metallic polish with black shimmer throughout.  I've seen everybody and their mom on YouTube talk about this polish and I've always wanted to try it, so when I saw this I immediately picked it!


At first I wasn't sure if I liked the color against my skin, but as I continued to look at it I started to fall love.  Wallis is truly a beautiful color and is very unique.  I've never seen a color that looks remotely close to this one from any other polish brand.  The application was smooth and I only needed two coats to achieve full opacity.  Overall, Wallis is a amazing polish that I think every green polish lover should have in their collection.

Knackered:  A oyster pearl based polish filled with micro holographic glitter.  OH. MY. GOSH!  To be honest I wasn't to sure if I was going to like this but, yet again, a lot of YouTubers were talking about this polish too so I picked it.  When I first saw it I literally gasped and stared at it for a good minute or two.



Ugh this polish is too pretty!  Since Knackered was a bit sheer, I applied two coats of it over a coat of Color Club Status Update.  The application was smooth and the color shifting with the micro glitter is just beautiful.  Knackered, like Wallis, is very unique and I'm glad that I picked this one.

Bluey:  a deep metallic peacock blue with hints of green shimmer throughout.  YES!  I've been looking for a peacock blue polish for the longest time and I've finally found it!  Bluey was "that" polish that I picked because I really wasn't feeling the other options and boy am I glad that I chose it on a whim.


When I applied it I was a little disappointed that the color wasn't as intense and deep on the nail like it is in the bottle, but the color BEAUTIFUL!  This color was also a little sheer and I had to apply three coats to achieve full opacity.  Although I wasn't two happy with the opacity and intensity, I LOVE this polish!  If you are looking for a peacock blue color, I highly recommend this polish!

P.D. Quick Topcoat:  This is a nice topcoat, but the retail price doesn't seem to be worth it to me so I'll stick to my Seche Vite after I finish this.

I'm so happy that I was able to snag these babies for a great deal!  You can learn more about Coterie HERE and sign up for the website HERE.

What is your favorite Butter London polish?  Which ones are on your wish list?  I really want Fishwife, Two Fingered Salute, and Queen Vic!

Thanks for reading; follow and share if you like.
Crystal <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...