Wednesday, January 16, 2013

December Ipsy Bag (2012)

Better late than never right?  Well I've been playing with the products from my glam bag and thought I would do a little review!

 December 2012 Glam Bag!

The bag this month was a rectangular shape in a gunmetal grey color.  Out of all of the bags that I've received I like the structure of this one the best.  The bag seems to be well made and the zipper is really nice and feels like it's good quality.

The inside of the bag.

Mirabella Face and Eye Primer:  I was needing a new eye primer so I was happy to get this...until I used it.  The primer has a weird gel type consistency and felt slick on my lids.  I really wanted to like this, but my eyeshadow still creased pretty bad when I wore this alone.  I would suggest using a cream eyeshadow like a Maybelline color tattoo over the primer to keep your eyeshadow from creasing.
Be a Bombshell lip gloss in Hot Mess:  First off, let me just say that I LOVE the name of this lip gloss!  I really think they should make a lip gloss named Ratchet and have a lip gloss duo with Hot Mess and Ratchet!!!  Haha okay back to the gloss, the color is a bit sheer and gives a nice tint of color to your lips.  The only thing I don't like is that the lip gloss is a little sticky.
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Zero:  I LOVE this eyeliner!!!  It's very black and glides on very smooth!  The only thing that I don't like is that you have to sharpen it.  I'm not sure if I would buy a full size liner since it's $19, but it's probably one of the best eyeliners that I've ever tried.

NYX Ultra Pearl Mania Pigment in Mink Pearl:  This is a bit too light for me to use as an eyeshadow, but I have used it as a highlight and it works fine.  I want to try and do some type of nail art with this so be on the lookout for that in the future.

Mai Couture Highlighter Paper:  This is an interesting product... The highlight is a peachy champagne color and comes in sheets.  The product is easy to apply and gives a nice glow to your skin, but I don't think it's anything special.

Urban Decay Naked Skin Beauty Balm:  This product was an extra that Ipsy gave to members that are active on the Ipsy site.  I was excited to try this product but...lets just take a look at the pictures below.
As you can see, the color is no where close to the color of my skin.  I thought that they would've sent us a sample that matched our skin tone, but apparently this is the only shade that the BB cream comes in.  : (

 It rubs in well, but as you can see the product doesn't match my skin and it leaves my skin looking kind of "ashy".

Overall, I liked this month's bag even though I wasn't too thrilled about everything I got.

Do you like beauty subscriptions?  If you do then I would highly recommend Ipsy!  It's only $10 a month and you are guaranteed at least two full-sized items and deluxe sized samples.  Find out more information about Ipsy HERE.

Are there any other beauty/nail subscriptions that you all like?  Let me know in the comments.

Thanks for reading; follow and share if you like,
Crystal <3


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...