Friday, February 15, 2013

February Julep Maven Box (2013)| American Beauty + Add-Ons

It's been a LONG time Julep!  I think I got my last Julep Maven box back in August!!!

Well this month's theme is "Get On the A-List" and featured polishes named after A-List actresses!  I pretty much fell in love with all of the colors this month, but I couldn't afford to upgrade to the full collection so I added on three colors with my American Beauty box this month!

My February Julep Goodies!  You can watch my unboxing video HERE.

Click "Read More"  To see what I got and swatches of the polishes!



The first thing that we got is this eyelash curler!  I was about to buy one the same week I got my box but I put it down right before I went to the checkout!  I think Julep must have read my mind!  I'm still trying to figure out how to use this properly, but so far I haven't pulled out any eyelashes and they give a nice curl to my lashes.

Oxygen Nail Treatment:  This is suppose to be a treatment that helps strengthen your nails and keep them from chipping and splitting.  So far I think it's ok, but I want to use it a little longer before I do a full review on it.

Freedom Polymer Top Coat:  This is suppose to be a gel-like top coat that makes your nails shine and keeps them chip free for a good while.  When I first used it I saw some small cracks on my nails and they started chipping within the second day.   Again, I want to use it a little longer before I do a full review, but I'm not too impressed with this top coat at the moment.

I don't know when Julep started doing this but the new polishes have swatch stickers on the lids now!  I didn't realize this until I started taking pictures.  This will make it a lot easier for folks that store their polishes in drawers to see what the color is without having to pick up each polish to see the bottle.

American Beauty colors:  Sally and Joan

Sally bottle shot

Sally: An antique ivory creme with a hint of yellow.  I was really interested to see how Sally would look against my skin, and I must say I quite like it.  You can see more of the yellow tones against my skin in real life, but my camera didn't want to work with me!  The polish did apply a little patchy, but you can reach full opacity in 2-3 coats. (2 coats)

Joan bottle shot

Joan:  A raspberry color with rose gold shimmer!  I was soooo excited to get this polish and it definitely lived up to my expectations!  Although the description says that the polish has rose gold shimmer, I would say that they look more like flakes to me.  Joan was easy to apply and was opaque in two coats.

My Add-Ons:  Jane, Marion, and Ingrid

Ingrid bottle shot

Ingrid: A deep burnt orange creme.  When I first saw this color I immediately thought of the University of Texas in Austin. (Go Longhorns!)  When I applied the polish it kind of reminded me of what pumpkin soup would look like on your nails...I LOVE IT!  This is definitely a unique color to my collection.  The only issue that I have with this polish is that I can still see my nail line after applying two coats.  It's not that big of a deal, I just thought that it would be more opaque than it is.  It's still a pretty though. : )

Marion bottle shot

Marion:  A smokey blue polish with fine blue and silver shimmer.  I wasn't planning on getting this color, but I ended adding it after I realized that I DON'T have a polish like this!  I'm so glad that I got Marion because it might be one of my favorite Julep blue polishes that I have!  The color is so opaque you could probably get away with one coat!  The was easy to apply and it didn't stain my nails, but it did stain my skin a little.  (2 coats)

Jane bottle shot

Jane: a limited edition glitter polish that is made up of various sized rose gold glitters.  To be honest, the only reason why I got this polish is because it is limited edition and rose gold, which I've become slightly obsessed with these past couple of months.  It's a pretty thick polish, but I was able to apply the polish easily and the glitter laid really well.  (2 coats)


Close-up of the polish on my nail!  It looks like the glitter is just floating on my nails! Ugh I love this polish sooo much!
I also decided to apply Jane over a colored polish, I used Nailiti Frappe.  (You can also see it in a "jelly sandwich HERE)

So that's all that I got in my Maven box this month!  I'm so excited to see what's next for Julep!

Are you a Julep Maven yet? If not, then what are you waiting for?!?! Click HERE and fill out the quiz and get new exclusive polishes before anyone else. There's also a code flying around (JULEPVIP) where you can get your intro box for ONE penny!!! Yes one penny for the whole shebang!

If you're a Maven, I want to know what you got in your February Maven Box!

Thanks for reading; follow and share if you like!
Crystal

1 comment:

  1. I wish I had snagged Marion or Jane, but I didn't think to. Maybe I'll get them later, once they're available for purchase!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...