Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Julep Cinco de Mayo Mystery box!

Hello hello wonderful people!!!  If you watch my YouTube videos or follow me on Facebook you would've known that I was going on a "no buy" this month.  I was doing great for awhile, 3 days, then I saw that Julep was selling mystery boxes again!!!!  For those of you who don't know, a mystery box is basically a box that Julep sends full of random polishes and products that range from $60 to $200!  The promo usually comes with a code so you get your box for $19.99, the regular price is $60.  I told myself that if I got a golden box for the month of May then I'll skip the mystery box.  Well, as you can see I didn't get a golden box! Lol so when I saw that the mystery boxes were on sale I jumped on it like a cat jumps on a rat!!!  For a while I kind of regretted buying one but that regret lasted like two seconds!  >: D 

Surprisingly I got my box fairly quick and didn't realize what it was until I opened it!  Now, let me stop rambling and show you guys what I got!

Here are the items that I got in my mystery box!  From L to R:  Glycolic Hand Scrub, Natalie, Demi, Leah, Maya, and a glass nail file

 Click "Read more" to see close ups and swatches of the polishes!

The first color I got in my box is Maya.  She is a metallic peachy nude color, which is perfect for Spring!

2 Coats

The next polish I got is Leah!  I really wanted her and I was so excited that I got her in my mystery box!!!  She is a bright medium toned green with green/blue shimmer.

This polish was a little but streaky and the shimmer is barely noticeable.  3 Coats

The next color is Demi, a deep blood red creme.

This color is very opaque and gives good coverage!  I used 2 coats for this swatch but you can probably get away with 1 coat!

The last polish I got is Natalie, a medium pink coral color.

This color was also a bit streaky.  3 Coats

Overall, I'm very happy that I cheated on my no buy but I am back on track (even though I've been tempted plenty of times!!!)

Are you a Julep Maven yet?  If not, then what are you waiting for?!?!  Click HERE and fill out the quiz and get new exclusive polishes before anyone else.  There's also a code flying around (SHAREONMAY) where you can get your intro box for ONE penny!!!  Yes one penny for the whole shebang!  Note, you don't have to be a Maven to buy a mystery box but I think the Maven program has lots of benefits (I'll go into further details in a future blog post).

Did you buy a mystery box?  If so, I would love to see what you got (you can post a picture on my Facebook wall!)  If you don't have a Facebook, you can tell me in the comments below!

Thanks for reading!
Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...