Monday, May 21, 2012

Nail Polish Spotlight (Combo): Sally Hansen Lacy Lilac w/ Sally Hansen Diamonds

Hello everybody!!  I hope y'all are having a marvelous Monday! <-----  You see what I did there?!  Lol
Today the nail polish spotlight is go to shine on another combo that I'm just in love with!!! <3  Lately I've been really into glitter, you will see in future posts, and this combo is the beginning of my glitter obsession that I've had over the past month and a half!  >: D

Here is the fabulous combo!!!  I used two coats of Sally Hansen's Lacey Lilac as the base color and one coat of SH Diamonds on top to add some sparkle!!! <3

Here's a closer look at the color w/flash.  You can really see the glitter particles in the photo, but in real life it's more like a pearly shimmer effect.

Here you can see the effect that the glitter gives to the polish a little better.

This picture shows how the glitter polish looked on top of the color.  It was a bit difficult getting an accurate picture of this combo, but dang it I tried!

I. LOVE. This. Combo! *_*
I'm definitely going to rock this on my nails in the future.  I wanted to try out the diamond strength polish by Sally Hansen and I'm very glad that I bought this one.  I would say that it is a close dupe to Essie's Pure Pearlfection from there Luxe Effects collection.  The Diamonds polish is a clear base with a mixture of white, silver, and blue glitters!  I was very pleased with the where if this polish and I'm definitely going to buy more from this line, I'm currently eyeing Something Blue!!!!!

I wore this mani for 4 days and had little chipping.  The removal of this polish was okay.  I mean it's a glitter polish so you are going to have to work a little, but it wasn't that much of a pain to take off.  I've heard that the "foil method" is the best way to get off glitter polishes, but I used the good ole cotton ball and acetone remover method and it worked just fine.  You will have some of the glitter move around and get on your fingers, but that usually happens with all glitter polishes.

Overall, I love this combo and I love these polishes individually too!!!!  Definitely go and check out the Diamond Strength line by Sally Hansen.  They have a good selection of colors and are reasonably priced at around $3-$4 a piece.

Do you have a polish/glitter combo that you love?  Tell me in the comments or post a picture to my Facebook Page!

Until next time!
Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...