Monday, June 25, 2012

June Nail Polish Haul + Swatches! (Picture Heavy post)

Hey y'all today I have a LOT of polish to show y'all!!!  Last month I went on a nail polish no-buy and "tried" to not buy any polish for the whole month!  Let's just say that lasted about three days, sad I know, but after my little fall to temptation I got right back on track and didn't buy anymore polish the rest of the month!

Let's get onto the polish shall we!!!!

Here are the polishes!!!

Click the "Read More" button to see all of these polishes up close and personal!


First I bought some more Revlon Colorstay polishes!!!  I LOVE the formula of these polishes, you can check out my review HERE.

Revlon Midnight, a deep teal creme polish.  This can be a possible dupe for Essie's Overboard

The application of this polish is absolutely AMAZING!  I applied two coats, but this can definitly be a one coater!

I also topped off this color with some flakie polishes!!!  L to R:  Finger Paints Motley and Essie Shine of the Times.

Next is Coastal Surf, a light baby blue creme.  This polish is similar to Julep's Claire, you can see a swatch of it HERE, but Claire is a bit brighter.

The application of this polish is great and I only applied 2 coats!

The next set of polishes that I bought are by the brand Essie!!!  I usually don't buy Essie polishes unless they're on sale, which is rare, but my H-E-B had $2 off coupons on Essie polishes and nail treatments!!!  I contained myself and only bought two polishes, but I did get 5 coupons! Lol

 The first Essie polish I got is Camera, a neon pinky coral, from the Poppy-Razzi collection!

This color was a pain in the butt to photograph so my picture makes the polish look slightly darker than it is in real life.  Camera almost applies like a jelly polish, but has the finish of a neon polish.  I applied 2 coats over a white base on my index finger and 3 coats alone on my middle finger.  You can kind of see my nail line but it still gives better coverage than most neon polishes.

Next we have Mojito Madness, a bright lime green, from the Bikini so Teeny collection.

This color is another WIN for me!  2 coats

Next up are two China Glaze polishes!  Sallys is having a great deal right now where you get a free Seche rebuild treatment when you buy two China Glaze polishes!  I scored with this deal because the two CG polishes that I got were on clearence and it's almost like I bought one and got two free!!!

The first CG polish I picked up is Prism, a purple glitter multi-color changing polish, from the Primatics collection.

The coverage of this polish is good on its own, but I find that applying a black base underneth gives the effect more life!  I apllied two coats over a black base on my ring finger and three coats alone on my pinkie.

 Next I have Gothic Lolita, a medium purple with pink, purple, and blue shimmer, from the Electropop collection.

I LOVE this polish!!  I've been going back and forth about getting this one so when I saw it in the clearence section I couldn't pass it up!  This lovely purple achieves full opacity in two coats.

Here is the FREE product that I got for purchasing the two China Glaze polishes!!!  The Seche Perfect nail treatments come in three different formulas and I decided to get #2.

This next polish is from Loreal's new Color Riche line of nail polishes in the color Tweet Me!  Tweet Me is a medium yellow with orange and pink shimmer.  I really wanted this polish and almost broke my no-buy to get it. 

Here is a better look at the shimmer!!! LOVE

 As much as I loved this color in the bottle, the application of this was horrindous!!!  Yellow polish has a bad rep of being super streaky and sheer.  This polish sadly falls into that catergory.  The polish was super streaky and it was hard to get even coverage on the whole nail.  I will have a complete review on this polish in the near future. 3 coats

The last two polishes that I have to show you are very special to me!!!  I wanted to reward myself with something special if I made it to the end of my no-buy!  Even though I cheated a tiny bit, I still gave myself a pat on the back...and two DEBORAH LIPPMANN POLISHES!!!!  I usually wouldn't pay $18 for a polish, but the two colors that I picked are truly unique and worth the money.  HSN was having a deal where you get free shipping on a single Deborah Lippmann polish, so I decided that this was the best opporitunty to treat myself and buy a couple DLs.

The first Deborah Lippmann polish that I got is Mermaid's Dream, a metallic aqua polish with small turquiose and gold glitter and larger blue glitter.

I just had to add a bottle shot to show y'all all the glittery goodness in this polish! *drools*

Excuse my cuticles.  This polish applied really well to be a glitter polish.  The finish had a little bit of texture, even with a topcoat, but it's not so bumpy that it's annoying.  2 coats

Last but not least we have Sweet Dreams, a pink jelly polish with copper flakies!

Check out those flakies!!!! *_*

This is definatly one of my favorite polishes in my collection!!!  I couldn't stop looking at the bottle and my nails once I swatched it!  It apllied beautifully and I only used two coats for the swatch above.  Another perk about this polish is that it was $2 cheaper on HSN than it is on Deborah Lippmann's website!

Okay guys do y'all need tissues to wipe off all your drool?! Lol

So there you have it!  I've purchased some more polishes this month but I'm going to do seperate post on them.  I also just got my first indie polishes in the mail today from Pretty & Polished and I'll have a seperate post for those too! : )

Do you have any of these polishes? What are your thoughts about them?  Tell me in the comments below!!!  Also don't forget to check out my last post and tell me your giveaway ideas!!!

Thanks for reading! Follow and Share if you like! : )
Crystal <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...