Saturday, June 16, 2012

Neon Watercolor Nail Art

Hey y'all!  Tonight I'm going to show y'all a cute nail design that is so simple to do and just screams summer!  A few weeks ago I was trying to think of a design to do for a contest.  I was looking through my pins on pinterest, I'm obsessed with this website, and found a watercolor nail tutorial and I thought I would give it a try with neon polishes!

When I first saw watercolor nails I thought that they looked very similar to water marble nails, but they are completely different.  The watercolor technique uses pure acetone to achieve the watercolor look, whereas the water marble technique uses water to achieve its design.  The watercolor technique is very simple, but does require a bit of practice.  At first I was having some problems with the acetone removing the white base polish, but once I tried it a few times I finally got the hang of it. 

Here is the finished product!!!


You can watch the tutorial for this design HERE!

I really loved the way this came out and I will definitely do this technique again with many different color combinations!

Have you ever tried the watercolor technique?  If you have I would love to see pictures, you can post them on my facebook wall.  What are some new nail art designs that you are obsessed with?  Tell me in the comments below!

Thanks for reading!
Crystal

I would really appreciate it if you would follow my blog for more post on nail art, polish trends, and MORE!

1 comment:

  1. oh my god!! this is incredibly beautiful!!! very inspiring! love your blog ^^ come take a look at mine and follow me if u want ^^

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...