Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Julep Maven Box (June 2012)

Hello everybody!  Today I'm going to show y'all my Julep Maven box for June 2012!  Even though I've had my box for a while now, I still wanted to share what I got with y'all!  This month's boxes were absolutely AMAZING!!!!  They were full of amazing bright colors that are perfect for summer!  I'm an American Beauty but this month I decided to switch to Classic with a twist.  Let me tell you, it was hard picking which box that I was going to choose.  I'm pretty sure I switched boxes three time before I finally stayed with classic with a twist.  Ok, I'll stop blabbering and get on with the goodies!!!  You can watch me open my box HERE!

Julep Maven Classic with a Twist box! (The pixi stixs were devoured after this picture was taken!)

Click the "Read More" button to see swatches of the polishes that I got in this months box!

The product for this month is the daylight defense sunscreen.  I'll be honest, I wasn't really excited about this product.  One, because I don't go out much so I really won't need it to protect my skin.  Two, because I just don't like sunscreen.  Surprisingly, I actually
 like the stuff!  It has the usual sunscreen smell but it also has a slight citrus scent to it.

This month Julep threw in this lip balm as a freebie!!!  Again, I didn't think that I would use it but I really like this product too!  The smell reminds me of the Extra mint chocolate chip gum!!!  It also tingles my lips a little once I put it on, not sure if it's suppose to be a plumping product or what.

Last but not least are the polishes!!!  I was REALLY excited to get these colors but I was a little disappointed with the coverage of Laura (top color).  The colors I got are:  Laura (top color) and Claire (bottom color).

First we have Laura, a bright hot pink.  I was excited about getting this color and expected it to be an opaque polish.  Unfortunately, it was sheer and my bottle wasn't filled all the way.  In the picture I applied two coats of Laura over a white polish and three coats alone.

Here's a close-up of the polish, you can see the VNL on my ring finger.  This polish dries to a matte finish, which happens with most neon/bright polishes.

 
The last color I got is Claire, a bright sky blue.  This is the color that made me switch boxes this month and I'm very happy with this color!  It only took two coats to achieve full opacity.

As you can see I did have some issues with polish bubbles. : (

So that's my Julep Maven box from June!!! If you want to know more about the Maven program, I'll have a blog post up sometime this week talking all about the program and the benefits that come with it.  You can watch me open my box HERE!!!

Are you a Julep Maven yet? If not, then what are you waiting for?!?! Click the HERE and fill out the quiz and get new exclusive polishes before anyone else. There's also a code flying around (COLOR2012) where you can get your intro box for ONE penny!!! Yes one penny for the whole shebang!

Did y'all get a Maven box?  I'd love to see what y'all got, you can upload pictures to my Facebook page.  You can also tell me in the comments below.

Thanks for reading!
Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...